Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Fall Semester Wrap Up

Some Final Thoughts ...

So today is the last day of the Fall Semester. As this semester draws to a close, here are some final thoughts ...

Advanced Instructional Design - Honestly, I didn't think I would enjoy this class very much. I am not a theory person. But I will have to say I was pleasantly surprised when everything came together for my final project. After a bit of a false start (Blackboard proved to be a bit inflexible for a Cognitive Flexibility Hypertext), I am relatively please with the end result.

Performance Centered Design - At first, I could barely follow what the instructor was talking about in this class (Question posed by instructor in the first class - In 60 seconds, tell me how many seconds are in a year? Response - Well, there are 12 - January second, February second, etc ... ). So, needless to say, I didn't think I would catch on. But, after working with my class partner, I think I had the most fun working on the final project in this class. Okay, our first iteration of the Public Speaking Support Blog needs a little work, but it is a pretty decent first stab from a couple of folks who only recently got into this whole Instructional Design field.

Immersion - I will have to say that I am not quite sure how I feel about my Immersion experience at this point. Last night, we gave our semester end presentation on the analysis phase of the project with the prospect of presenting virtually to our client, who at the last minute decided he couldn't participate. I think that about sums up the Immersion experience this semester for me. While we presented a "realistic" scenario for the team to work on during the design phase, who knows if it is going to fly with the client, or if it will even be realistic enough to work for the audience. On a positive note, we did have an SME attend the presentation last night and she gave us a glowing thumbs up. I just hope that we can deliver.

I am very proud of our team -- we brought the project together and delivered last night. I really felt like we were a cohesive unit, with lots to show for all our hard work. I am extremely happy to be involved with such a talented group of designers. It has made the semester that much easier when the road got bumpy. Great job, guys!

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

Have you received your grade yet? At least I hope that you have celebrated. I'm sure you did wonderful.

Montay said...

Yes I did! And I did much better than expected - thank you for asking! So all the hard work paid off!